Fintech is at the forefront of financial innovation. Across the globe, we are beginning to see how emerging players in FinTech are innovating and dramatically reshaping customer experience with new game-changing business models. Learn how your organisation could leverage emerging technologies and new business models in the FinTech ecosystem to address your current and future customers needs more holistically and develop innovative value propositions without losing sight of your current core offerings and revenue streams. By the end of the course, you will understand
WHAT EXACTLY IS INNOVATION AND FINTECH?
· How can you, in your established financial services company, enhance your products as well as your customers user experience through technology and human centered design?
· Is your company prepared to compete and/or collaborate with new FinTech companies entering the financial services industry and how should you go about doing this?
· Do you have the capabilities that are required to stay relevant for your clients and innovate to ensure your company moves towards a sustainable business model after the global financial crisis?
CASE STUDIES/ EXERCISES
There will be numerous hands-on exercises (discussions, group work, case studies, project work, presentations) for you to relate to the concepts and methodologies taught in the course.
Past guest speakers who have shared their experiences, business models and technology:
Raghav Kapoor, CEO smartkarma
Veiverne Yuen, CIO Tryb Capital
Han Verstrate, CEO Otonomos
Tobias Fischer, Head Corporate Development Capital Match
TN Lee, Head of Business Development Kyber.network
Drew Graham, Head FinTech Strategy Standard Chartered Bank
Derek Ariss, Advisor Lighbulb Capital
Michele Ferrario, CEO Stashaway
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This 3 - day intensive and interactive course is for you, if you are:
· The front office / back office manager who needs to understand the impact of innovation in finance and associated technologies and business models.
· An IT manager who supports innovation efforts in a financial services institution.
· Anyone playing an active role in the innovation journey in a bank, e.g. An asset manager or any other regulated entities.
Past attendees include individuals from these companies: UOB, DBS, ANZ, Orbium, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, SPRING, Accenture
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from Singapore Management University.
For general terms and conditions on our courses, click here. SMU reserves the right to amend any information without prior notice.
24 - 26 January 2018
Full Fee: S$3,210 (including GST)
Fee Payable after SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funding for Individuals:
- S$963 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$363 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
SkillsFuture Credit is also applicable for this programme.
Course fee grant at 70% of course fees (excluding GST) for participants who are successfully enrolled by SMU into approved courses under the SkillsFuture Series. Participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy ("MCES")
- Up to 90% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs ("ETSS")
- Up to 90% of course fees; and
- 80% of basic hourly salary capped at $7.50/hr for local employees of SMEs
Phone: +65 6828 9577
Last updated on 01 Dec 2017 .