This one-day course is designed for professionals who wish to enhance their vocabulary to engage in meaningful and constructive conversations on how to leverage data and analytics to improve their business process and business performance. The course will provide you with practical knowledge on what business analytics entails and the process, enablements and creativity required to extract business value from data. Your journey to an impactful and sustainable Analytics begins here.
- Need for analytics
- The spectrum of analytical approaches: Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive
- Analytics Landscape
- Who's doing what
- Demystifying Big Data
- Solving Problems
- Undestanding the types of problems you are solving: Deviation, Anticipation, Allocation
- Framing the problem: What-Why-How
- Getting started with Analytics: a 7-step problem-solving methodology
- Examples of bad analytics
- Re-framing the problem: the power of simplicity and innovative thinking
- Enabling Analytics
- Developing Analytical frameworks
- Brief overview of analytics techniques and their application
- Case study exercise on Analytics
- Data Management for Analytics
- Shifting from Reporting to Analytics
- Setting up the right data environment
- Key considerations for data management
- Next Steps
- Your analytics journey – impactful, repeatable, sustainable
Case Studies/ Exercises
There will be case studies for you to relate to the concepts and methodologies taught in the course.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for leaders such as CIOs, CTOs, stakeholders, functional officers, technical directors and project managers, IT executives and line of business executives and functional managers, business analysts, consultants and any professionals in business management who seek to understand how they can leverage on data and analytics to derive business value.
An assessment will be conducted at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from Singapore Management University.
For general terms and conditions on our courses, click here. SMU reserves the right to amend any information without prior notice.
31 January 2018
9am - 5pm
Singapore Management University
Full Fee: S$856 (including GST)
Fee Payable after SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funding for Individuals:
- S$256.80 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$96.80 (including GST) for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
SkillsFuture Credit is also applicable for this programme.
Course fee grant at 70% of course fees (excluding GST) for participants who are successfully enrolled by SMU into approved courses under the SkillsFuture Series. Participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy ("MCES")
- Up to 90% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs ("ETSS")
- Up to 90% of course fees; and
- 80% of basic hourly salary capped at $7.50/hr for local employees of SMEs
Last updated on 24 Nov 2017 .