This one-day course is designed for professionals who wish to enhance their vocabulary to engage in meaningful and constructive conversations on how to leverage data and analytics to improve their business process and business performance. The course will provide you with practical knowledge on what business analytics entails and the process, enablements and creativity required to extract business value from data. Your journey to an impactful and sustainable Analytics begins here.
- Need for analytics
- The spectrum of analytical approaches: Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive
- Analytics Landscape
- Who's doing what
- Demystifying Big Data
- Solving Problems
- Undestanding the types of problems you are solving: Deviation, Anticipation, Allocation
- Framing the problem: What-Why-How
- Getting started with Analytics: a 7-step problem-solving methodology
- Examples of bad analytics
- Re-framing the problem: the power of simplicity and innovative thinking
- Enabling Analytics
- Developing Analytical frameworks
- Brief overview of analytics techniques and their application
- Case study exercise on Analytics
- Data Management for Analytics
- Shifting from Reporting to Analytics
- Setting up the right data environment
- Key considerations for data management
- Next Steps
- Your analytics journey – impactful, repeatable, sustainable
Case Studies/ Exercises
There will be case studies for you to relate to the concepts and methodologies taught in the course.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for leaders such as CIOs, CTOs, stakeholders, functional officers, technical directors and project managers, IT executives and line of business executives and functional managers, business analysts, consultants and any professionals in business management who seek to understand how they can leverage on data and analytics to derive business value.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from Singapore Management University.
For general terms and conditions on our courses, click here. SMU reserves the right to amend any information without prior notice.
5 July 2017
9am - 5pm
Singapore Management University
S$856 (inclusive of GST)
50% funding under IBF-FTS available for Singaporeans/SPRs
90% funding available for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above. For details on Funding Support, click here
Have a question?
Last updated on 02 Jun 2017 .