This one-day course is designed for professionals who wish to enhance their vocabulary to engage in meaningful and constructive conversations on how to leverage data and analytics to improve their business process and business performance. The course will provide you with practical knowledge on what business analytics entails and the process, enablements and creativity required to extract business value from data. Your journey to an impactful and sustainable Analytics begins here.
- Need for analytics
- The spectrum of analytical approaches: Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, Prescriptive
- Analytics Landscape
- Who's doing what
- Demystifying Big Data
- Solving Problems
- Undestanding the types of problems you are solving: Deviation, Anticipation, Allocation
- Framing the problem: What-Why-How
- Getting started with Analytics: a 7-step problem-solving methodology
- Examples of bad analytics
- Re-framing the problem: the power of simplicity and innovative thinking
- Enabling Analytics
- Developing Analytical frameworks
- Brief overview of analytics techniques and their application
- Case study exercise on Analytics
- Data Management for Analytics
- Shifting from Reporting to Analytics
- Setting up the right data environment
- Key considerations for data management
- Next Steps
- Your analytics journey – impactful, repeatable, sustainable
Case Studies/ Exercises
There will be case studies for you to relate to the concepts and methodologies taught in the course.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for leaders such as CIOs, CTOs, stakeholders, functional officers, technical directors and project managers, IT executives and line of business executives and functional managers, business analysts, consultants and any professionals in business management who seek to understand how they can leverage on data and analytics to derive business value.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from Singapore Management University.
For general terms and conditions on our courses, click here. SMU reserves the right to amend any information without prior notice.
20 September 2017
9am - 5pm
Singapore Management University
S$856 (inclusive of GST)
50% funding under IBF-FTS available for Singaporeans/SPRs
90% funding available for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above.
IBF-FTS funding is only applicable to company-sponsored employees. More details on the FTS grant is summarised below:
Eligibility and Funding Criteria
· Available to Singapore citizens and Singapore permanent residents.
· 50% of course fee subject to a cap of S$2,000 per participant per course and upon meeting all eligibility criteria.
· 90% for Singapore citizens aged 40 and above, following the same cap criteria as above.
· IBF-FTS funding is only applicable to company-sponsored employees from eligible financial institutions.
· For self-sponsored employees from eligible entities, you may wish to seek your HR’s assistance to submit claims to IBF on your behalf where fund transfer arrangements will then be settled between your company and yourself. Terms and conditions on eligibility for IBF-FTS funding apply.
For more information, please visit https://www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-FTS.aspx.
Have a question?
Last updated on 20 Jul 2017 .