This course provides an understanding of key IT project management principles and the essential skills including the know-how and art of negotiation and communication with various stakeholders to effectively deliver the promise of a project.
Through an interactive computer-based simulation platform, you will learn the science and art of handling complexities and challenges in projects including making trade-offs between schedule, scope, cost, budget, and quality to achieve project goals.
IT Project Management
- Challenges of IT Project Management
- Strategic Management and Project Selection
- Desirable Traits of a Project Manager
- Project Scope, Time, Cost Management
- Project Simulation (Computer Based Simulation)
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
Negotiation & Soft Skills for Project Managers
- Overview of Negotiation Theory and Practices
- Price Negotiation Exercise between Buyer and Seller (One issue)
- Service Level Agreement Negotiation Simulation Exercise between Client & Vendor (Multiple issues)
- Introduction to Different Negotiation Approaches
- Third Party Conflict Resolution Exercise
Case Studies/ Exercises
There will be a hands-on simulation game using Waterfall and Agile methodologies to immerse participants in situations that will mimic complexities of real world, challenging them on how they manage the deliverables and resources. There will be role play and case studies on negotiation and conflict resolution.
Who Should Attend
This 3 day course is designed for project managers, team leads or any IT professional with project managing responsibility.
- Possess at least a basic diploma or equivalent qualification
- Possess a good command of the English language
- Possess good analytical and evaluation skills
- Possess good problem-solving skills and communication skills
Upon successful completion of the NICF accredited course, you will receive a certificate from Singapore Management University.
For general terms and conditions on our courses, click here. SMU reserves the right to amend any information without prior notice.
9am - 5pm
Singapore Management University
S$3,210* (inclusive of GST)
10% group discount for 3 or more participants from the same company for the same course.
Funding and Claims Process
CITREP+ funding (to be advised).
Have a question?
Phone: +65 6828 9577
Last updated on 19 May 2017 .