As organizations embrace digitalization to transform business and operations, it is critical to develop policies, procedures and controls to manage technology related risks. The frequency and scale of cyber attacks and breaches have escalated. The disruptions to systems and operations can greatly damage an organization’s reputation, public trusts and bottom line.
It is imperative for professionals in technology & operations (T&O) to be able to develop and implement effective controls to manage operational risk, activate technology disaster plans to ensure business continuity.
This 3-day certification program adopts an experiential learning approach. Participants works on an extended case study to implement risk management controls to comply with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Determine and justify risk tolerance & appetite
- Assess risk and select risk treatment option
- Develop and test business continuity plan & remedial actions
- Design risk reporting process & tools
- Apply data protection principles to device policies & processes
- Use the Six Sigma approach to manage compliance risk
- Enhance professional excellence with small group coaching
- Expand perspectives through peer interactions & review
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Professionals with minimum 3 years relevant experience in IT risk management & security related function (e.g. security engineer, senior information security officer, senior risk officer, senior compliance or control officer, security administrator)
- Participants who have completed IBF Standards Technology Level 1 program or show proof of competency at Level 1
Leonard Ong has over 15 years of information and corporate security experiences gained in telecommunication, enterprise and banking industries. He held various roles within the security profession, with responsibilities in information security, corporate security, project management, consulting and business development. Currently Associate Director at Merck, Leonard also serves on the ISACA Board of Directors.
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
Candidates will be assessed on the following competency unit in Technology & Operations: Technology: IT Risk Management and Security (IBF Level 2):
CU2: Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
Upon successful completion of the course, paticipants will be awarded the SMU Professional Certificate in Governance, IT Risk Management and compliance (IBF Level 2).
Risk Identification & Assessment
- Determine risk appetite & tolerance
- Identify risk factors & scenarios
- Assess risk using risk models
Case study activities1.Identify business & technology Issues2.Determine & justify risk appetite3.Identify & list key risk exposures & scenarios4.Develop risk matrix and heatmap
Risk Response Options & Action Plan
- Weigh risk response options
- Prioritize based on quick wins & business case
- Develop & execute risk action plan
- Define monitoring metric & threshold
- Define key risk indicators & triggers
Case study activities5.Select risk treatment & prioritize action plan6.Determine frequency, data source & metrics
Reporting, Escalation & Risk Ownership
- Assign risk ownership
- Escalate risk along the three lines of defense
- Design risk tools
- Develop business continuity plan
- Manage crisis & response to breaches
Case study activities7.Design reporting process & tools8.Create risk register & identify tools
Compliance Risk Management
- Know the regulatory requirements & landscape
Case study activities9.Apply Six Sigma approach to manage compliance risk10.Derive polices & procedures using data protection principles11.Determine compliance rating with reference to MAS Technology Risk Management Guidelines
Last updated on 06 Dec 2017 .